When you purchase a Baxi boiler, you’ll be given a manufacturer-backed warranty that protects you against the costs of unexpected boiler faults. Baxi offers no quibble standard warranties of up to 7 years and the brand sometimes offers limited-time 10-year warranties on selected new boiler installations. The warranty is designed to give you peace of mind should something go wrong with your Baxi boiler within the warranty period but certain conditions must be met to make sure the warranty remains valid.
What is Covered by the Standard Baxi Boiler Warranty?
The warranty only relates to the boiler and integrated controls, not to connected systems or accessories such as thermostats, external pumps and motorised valves. Baxi may ask you for a deposit before an engineer is sent to repair your faulty boiler but the deposit will be refunded in full if the fault is covered by the warranty.
The Length of the Baxi Boiler Warranty Period
The standard warranties range between 2 and 7 years but most Baxi boilers come with just a 2-year warranty. Limited-time extended warranty offers are often available, so it’s worth looking into this before choosing a Baxi boiler and getting it installed.
Baxi Boiler Warranty Terms and Conditions
Every Baxi boiler warranty comes with terms and conditions, so you’ll need to read the terms carefully. If the conditions are not met, your warranty will be limited to 12 months from the date of installation. You can read the full set of warranty terms and conditions on the Baxi website.
Here are just some of the terms and conditions, as well as some of the steps you need to carry out to keep your Baxi boiler warranty valid:
- The Baxi boiler warranty must be registered within 30 days of installation.
- You must make sure your installer is Gas Safe registered and completes the Benchmark commissioning checklist, and you must keep the checklist in a safe place.
- The boiler must be serviced every year by a Gas Safe registered engineer during the warranty period.
- If the boiler is installed in a cupboard, there must be enough room for an engineer to work on the boiler.
- The warranty only applies to Baxi boilers purchased and used in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
- Engineers will not carry out repairs if they believe accessing the boiler is a risk to health and safety.
- The warranty will not cover Baxi boilers that have been moved from their original place of installation.
How to Register Your Baxi Boiler Warranty
As mentioned above, the Baxi boiler warranty must be registered within 30 days of the installation date. You can register the warranty via the Baxi website under the ‘Register a Warranty’ section.