The cost of a one-off boiler repair through British Gas ranges from £99.00 to £459.00, depending on where you live and the time it takes to fix your boiler.
British Gas has more than 6,000 fully qualified boiler engineers located across the country in order to provide a speedy boiler repair service to homeowners. With a helpline that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the company prides itself on being there in your hour of need, regardless of whether or not you’re an existing customer.
All British Gas boiler repairs are undertaken by Gas Safe registered engineers to ensure all work is carried out safely and legally. You’ll even get a fixed price quote for your one-off boiler repair job, so you won’t ever have to worry about any unexpected charges.
How Much Do British Gas Boiler Repairs Cost?
British Gas one-off boiler repair prices start at £99 and go up to £459, and the exact cost of your repair will depend on your location and the time it takes to complete the work. When you call the helpline, your advisor will arrange for an engineer to visit your home to carry out an assessment so that they can confirm the price of the repair before they start work.
The table below shows you British Gas’s pricing structure for one-off boiler repairs, which is mostly based on how long the repair job lasts. Please note, all prices are correct as of November 2018.
|Up to 30 minutes||£99|
|Between 30 minutes and 2 hours||£199 or £238.99|
|Over 2 hours||£409 or £459|
Alternative British Gas Boiler Repair Option
In addition to providing one-off boiler repairs, British Gas offers a boiler repair and cover option known as HomeCare Two. It’s basically a boiler breakdown insurance policy that covers you for repairs to your boiler, controls and central heating system.
There are a number of things included in the HomeCare Two cover package, such as:
- Repairs to your boiler, controls, radiators and hot water cylinder
- The cost of labour and replacement parts
- Unlimited engineer call outs
- An annual boiler service
- Accidental damage
- Cover up to £1,000
By taking out this type of cover, you can avoid costly one-off repair bills when your boiler suddenly stops working. You’ll need to make a single payment of £99 for a boiler repair and pay for the cover in 12 monthly instalments. The amount you’ll pay each month will depend on certain factors including property type and your location but we can tell you that 50% of customers make a monthly payment of £23 or less.
British Gas Boiler Repair Reviews
As British Gas offers a variety of products and services that are not boiler related, you need to be careful when looking at reviews. After doing some research, we found that customer ratings vary according to the product or service type. We also read many great reviews, more so on Reevoo where 85% of respondents recommend British Gas. However, the company’s overall rating on Trustpilot tells us a different story altogether.
When looking at reviews, you need to make sure you only focus on what customers have said about the service you’re interested in, like boiler repairs for example. British Gas does have its own review section on its website where you can check out the feedback from customers in your local area. We searched a number of UK postcodes on the British Gas site and discovered that the reviews are mostly positive.
The Pros & Cons Of The British Gas Boiler Repair Service
Here at Boilers Prices, we like to give you a balanced and fair view of the options you have available for boiler repairs. We want you to make the right decision while armed with as much unbiased and valuable information as possible.
- Quality service: As you can expect from a leading energy provider, British Gas aims to provide customers with the highest quality of service and will also carry out a full safety check of your boiler and parts.
- Work and parts guaranteed: British Gas offers a one-year guarantee on all repairs and a 5-year guarantee on new boilers and central heating systems.
- A trusted brand: Of course, you could use a local company, but if you want the peace of mind that comes with using a trusted national brand, British Gas is a good option. All engineers are Gas Safe registered and you don’t have to be a British Gas customer to use their repair services.
- Can be more expensive: Compared to smaller, local companies, British Gas parts and labour can be more expensive. For this reason, we recommend getting at least 3 quotes from local companies so that you can weigh up the differences.
- Response times may be slower: British Gas operates across the UK. However, their engineers may not be able to get to you as quickly as an engineer from a local company.