Ideal currently offers some great warranties with its range of combi, system and heat only boilers but the length of warranty you’ll receive will depend on which model you choose. You may even be given the option to extend the standard Ideal boiler warranty if you decide to purchase your new boiler through one of the brand’s accredited installers. The warranty provided is meant to give you complete peace of mind that you won’t have to pay any repair costs if you face certain problems with your Ideal boiler, so you must follow the terms and conditions to ensure the warranty remains valid.
What is Covered by the Standard Ideal Boiler Warranty?
An Ideal boiler warranty covers any manufacturing issues within the boiler that have originated from the appliance. Ideal will provide a parts and labour repair service or a replacement boiler free of charge during the period of the warranty, but only if the boiler has a mechanical or electrical breakdown as a result of defective materials or workmanship. The warranty does not cover any defect, damage or breakdown caused by accident, misuse, third party interference or inadequate servicing of the boiler.
The Length of the Ideal Boiler Warranty Period
Standard Ideal boiler warranties vary between 2 and 10 years, but the warranty will be limited to 12 months if you don’t register it within 30 days of installation. Depending on which boiler model your choose from Ideal, you could increase the warranty up to 12 years if you get the boiler installed and serviced by an Accredited Installer. We should also point out that Ideal sometimes offers promotional warranties, which means the standard warranty will be extended (subject to terms and conditions) at no additional charge.
Ideal Boiler Warranty Terms and Conditions
You must read the terms and conditions of the Ideal boiler warranty so that you know what is required of you to keep the warranty valid. Failure to follow the terms and conditions will result in your warranty becoming invalidated, meaning you won’t be able to make a claim should anything go wrong with your boiler during the validation period.
Full warranty terms and conditions can be found via Ideal’s website, but here are just some for you to keep in mind:
- The boiler must be installed and commissioned within 12 months of manufacture by a Gas Safe registered engineer in accordance with the guidelines in the installation and servicing booklet that is provided with the boiler.
- The Benchmark commissioning sheet must be completed by the installer and left with the boiler at your property.
- The Ideal boiler warranty will start from the date of installation and you must provide proof of purchase, such as an invoice or completed Benchmark commissioning sheet. If you don’t provide proof of purchase, the warranty will commence from the manufacture date.
- To qualify for the full warranty, the boiler must be registered with Ideal within 30 days of installation. Failure to meet this condition will result in the warranty period extended to just 12 months from the installation date.
- The boiler must be serviced every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- The boiler must not be moved from its place of installation without consent from Ideal.
How to Register Your Ideal Boiler Warranty
The Ideal boiler warranty can be registered via the Ideal website or you can call the brand’s customer service team to register it over the phone. Before doing this, make a note of the boiler serial number as you will need this at the time of registration. You might find that your installer will be happy to register the warranty on your behalf, so be sure to ask them about this if you would rather they do it for you. It’s also important to remember that the warranty must be registered within 30 days of installation.