The Potterton Promax Store is a floor standing gas condensing boiler that has a built-in storage tank to eliminate the need for a separate cylinder.
Designed to fit in an airing cupboard, the Potterton Promax Store is unique in that it has its very own hot water storage tank built into the boiler. Why is that so great? Well, it means you don’t have to find space to store any separate cylinders or tanks because the boiler doesn’t require any. It does, however, mean that the boiler is bigger than your average combi or system boiler, which is why it’s a floor standing appliance.
How Much Does this Boiler Cost?
Potterton’s Promax Store comes in a 90, 115 or 150-litre store, so prices vary between £1,900 and £2,140 according to the size of the store. You also need to consider the fitting cost because this won’t be included in the price of the boiler. Like we always suggest, you should shop around and compare both boiler and installation prices to see whether you can find a good deal. You could even ask suppliers and installers if they’d be willing to beat a price that you’ve found elsewhere so that you can save on these costs.
How will I know if this Boiler is Suitable for My Home?
This boiler is a bit like a system boiler, only it has its own store and doesn’t need a separate cylinder (or any tanks in the loft). It is designed to meet high hot water demands, making it ideal for homes with multiple bathrooms and properties that tend to use a lot of hot water at once. As the Potterton Promax Store is a floor standing boiler, it will require plenty of floor space.
The boiler is available in a 90, 115 or 150-litre store, so it’s suitable for small, medium and large-sized properties. Before you buy this boiler, you will need to consult a Gas Safe registered engineer for help with choosing the correct store option for your home and needs.
Is it a High Efficiency Boiler?
It sure is. The Potterton Promax Store has an impressive SEDBUK A efficiency rating for heating and hot water, so it will help to cut the cost of your fuel bills. It’s a fully modulating boiler too, meaning it knows how much heat is required at any moment and can automatically adjust its output to meet the set central heating temperature. Plus, the boiler is compatible with Megaflo Eco Solar Cylinders and Santon Premier Plus Solar Cylinders, both of which offer a friendly and efficient way to provide your home with hot water. If you choose to install one of these cylinders, you’ll save you more money on your bills as well.
Does this Boiler have a Good Range of Controls and Features?
The user controls can be found on the front of the boiler and include an LED operating status display, mode selector, integral 7-day twin channel timer and adjustable heating and hot water temperature controls. Because it’s a floor standing unit, Potterton has developed the boiler with a unique roller system so that it’s easy to install and move. It also comes with built-in two-stage frost protection and flue lengths up to 20 metres to allow for greater siting flexibility. What’s more, a simple mounting plate and pre-plumbing jig have been included to enable your engineer to save time on installation.
How long is the Warranty on this Boiler?
If you decide to purchase the Potterton Promax Store, you’ll receive a 2-year parts and labour warranty as standard. To keep the warranty valid, you must register the boiler within 30 days of installation and get it serviced annually.
Potterton Promax Store Boiler Sizes and Prices
Summary of Important Information
- Priced between £1,900 and £2,140
- Inbuilt store of 90, 115 or 150 litres
- Dimensions of 1264mm (H) x 550mm (W) x 600 (D)
- Uses gas as its fuel source
- A-rated for efficiency
- Solar compatible
- 2-year warranty as standard
Pros and Cons
The Promax Store doesn’t have any major drawbacks but Potterton does have an average overall Which? score. Below, you can find all the pros and cons of this integrated hot water storage and central heating boiler.
- Suited to small, medium and large-sized homes with a fully pumped sealed system
- Fully modulation outputs from 6.8kW to 24kW – intelligently uses the right amount of fuel
- No need for separate cylinder or loft tanks
- Flue length options up to 20m – siting flexibility
- Easy to use and service
- Integral 7-day twin channel timer
- NOx Class 5 boiler – kinder to the environment
- Built-in frost protection – can be installed in a garage or basement
- Pre-plumbing jig – makes installation easier and quicker
- Provides maximum energy efficiency – reduce fuel bills and carbon emissions
- Compatible with Megaflo Eco Cylinders and Santon Premier Plus Solar Cylinders – increases energy efficiency and improves comfort levels and hot water performance
- Potterton boilers have an overall Which? score of 54%
- 2-year warranty – would prefer a longer standard guarantee