Your new Vaillant boiler will come with a standard warranty or guarantee but you may receive an exclusive extended warranty, depending on the model and who you choose to install the boiler. All Vaillant boiler warranties need to be activated, and you must read the terms and conditions in the warranty to make sure you don’t invalidate it. Whilst your Vaillant boiler warranty provides you with added peace of mind should anything go wrong with your boiler, you also need to be aware that the warranty will only cover specific things.
What is Covered by the Standard Vaillant Boiler Warranty?
The boiler warranty that you’ll receive from Vaillant covers you for the repair of any defects related to the manufacture of your boiler but any repairs must be carried out by a Vaillant Service Engineer. Your Vaillant boiler warranty covers both parts and labour, but it does not cover any defects that are unrelated to the manufacture of the boiler or repairs needed to optional accessories and controls, such as room thermostats and motorised valves.
The Length of the Vaillant Boiler Warranty Period
Vaillant boilers usually come with a standard warranty between 2 and 5 years, and the length will depend on which boiler model you choose. You could even benefit from a 10-year warranty when the boiler is installed by a Vaillant Advance Installer.
Vaillant Boiler Warranty Terms and Conditions
Strict terms and conditions must be followed if you want to receive the full benefits of your Vaillant boiler warranty, and it’s up to you to take the necessary steps to ensure your warranty remains valid. If you need to make a claim during the warranty period and you don’t follow the terms and conditions, your claim will be rejected and you’ll have to pay for any repairs. Vaillant will send you the full terms and condition of the warranty, but they can also be found via the manufacturer’s website.
Let’s take a look at just some of the Vaillant boiler warranty terms and conditions:
- Installation and commissioning must be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer, within 6 months of the boiler being dispatched from Vaillant’s warehouse.
- All work carried out must be fully in accordance with the installation manual and the warranty terms and conditions.
- The Benchmark logbook must be completed by the installer at the point of installation and retained on site for inspection during an engineer’s visit.
- The warranty will commence from the date of installation.
- To validate the warranty, Vaillant requires proof of purchase, such as an invoice or completed Benchmark logbook.
- The boiler warranty must be registered within 30 days of installation. Failure to do this will result in the warranty reverting to 12 months from the date of installation.
- The boiler must be serviced annually by either a Vaillant engineer or a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Moving the boiler to another property without written consent from Vaillant will invalidate the warranty.
- The use of any non-genuine Valliant spare parts in any repair will invalidate the warranty.
- The warranty is valid for installation in domestic properties in the UK, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
How to Register Your Vaillant Boiler Warranty
Before you register your Vaillant boiler warranty, you’ll need the 28-digit serial number of your boiler (found on the boiler’s control panel and the Benchmark logbook), the Gas Safe registration number of the installer, the date of installation and the installation address. Once you have all of these pieces of information, you simply register the warranty online via Vaillant’s website, but this must be done within 30 days of having the boiler installed.