When you choose to have a Viessmann boiler installed in your home, the boiler will come with a parts and labour warranty as standard. You must do all you can to keep your warranty valid, otherwise, you’ll need to pay for any repairs that occur during the warranty period. The length of the warranty will depend on which boiler model you opt for but you can rest assured that all new Viessmann boilers are supplied with a comprehensive, manufacturer-backed warranty.
What is Covered by the Standard Viessmann Boiler Warranty?
The standard Viessmann boiler warranty provides you with cover for any mechanical or electrical breakdown as a result of defective workmanship or materials. Should a problem occur during the period of the warranty, Viessmann will either repair or replace your boiler free of charge. However, Viessmann will not accept responsibility for any costs arising from repairs or maintenance carried out by an unauthorised engineer. The Viessmann boiler warranty does not cover any components that may need replacing due to fair wear and tear.
The Length of the Viessmann Boiler Warranty Period
As mentioned above, the warranty length depends on which Viessmann boiler model you purchase. Standard Viessmann boiler warranties range from 2 to 5 years, but you could benefit from an extended warranty if the boiler is installed by a Viessmann Trained Installler and registered through the Viessmann Installer Portal.
Viessmann Boiler Warranty Terms and Conditions
No matter the length of your Viessmann boiler warranty, it’s always a good idea to familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of the warranty. Some of the conditions and exclusions are fairly obvious ones, whereas others may come as a surprise, which is why it’s so important to check the small print.
The full list of conditions and exclusions can be found via Viessman’s website, but you can also find just some of the terms below:
- To qualify for a Viessmann boiler warranty, you must register the boiler with Viessmann within 30 days of installation.
- The warranty will only be valid if the Benchmark commissioning sheet and/or Viessmann service logbook has been completed correctly. The Benchmark commissioning sheet and/or logbook must also be available for verification.
- The boiler must be serviced by a Viessmann Trained Installer or another Gas Safe registered servicing company every year.
- The warranty will lapse if the boiler is relocated or removed from its original place of installation without prior consent from Viessmann.
- The warranty is conditional upon the correct installation, commissioning and maintenance procedures having been carried out in accordance with the appliance instructions and provided that it has been used solely for the purposes it was designed for.
- The boiler must be installed and commission within 12 months of the date of manufacturer.
How to Register Your Viessmann Boiler Warranty
To register your Viessmann boiler warranty, you’ll need to fill out a form, which can be found on the brand’s website. Once processed, Viessmann will send you a confirmation letter to inform you that the warranty is active. If you’re offered the option to extend the warranty by a Viessmann Trained Installer and you except, the warranty will be registered by the installer via the Viessmann Installer Portal.