All new Worcester Bosch boilers come with a standard warranty, which is provided by the manufacturer. Your warranty is designed to safeguard you if your boiler breaks down or develops a fault, meaning you shouldn’t have to pay for any repairs if you face a manufacturing issue during the warranty period. Worcester Bosch boiler warranties tend to vary from 2 to 5 years, and the length of your warranty will depend on which model of boiler you choose to have installed.
What is Covered by the Standard Worcester Bosch Boiler Warranty?
No matter which Worcester Bosch boiler model you choose, the standard warranty provides you with cover for any material or manufacturing faults for the duration of the warranty period. It’s a ‘no quibble’ warranty, and the terms and conditions state that any boiler or component which is proved to be faulty or defective in manufacture will be either repaired or replaced free of charges, as long as Worcester Bosch has authorised or carried out the repair or replacement. But if your Worcester Bosch boiler is installed on a permanently moored house boat, you’ll be covered for parts only.
The Length of the Worcester Bosch Boiler Warranty Period
The length of the warranty varies by Worcester Bosch boiler type and model, so it depends on which one you choose to have installed. Worcester Bosch gas boilers are backed by a standard 5-year warranty, and oil boilers come with a standard 2-year warranty. However, when you choose a Worcester Bosch accredited installer, you’ll receive a 7-year warranty on your gas boiler or a 5-year warranty on your oil boiler. It’s also worth mentioning that some accredited installers are authorised to offer a 10-year warranty on certain models.
Worcester Bosch Boiler Warranty Terms and Conditions
A Worcester Bosch boiler warranty comes with strict requirements and limitations that must be respected to keep the warranty valid. It’s important to familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions before or as soon as you purchase a new Worcester Bosch boiler, all of which can be found on the brand’s website.
Some of the terms and conditions are fairly obvious ones, such as:
- The boiler must be registered via the internet at www.worcester-bosch.co.uk within 30 days of installation.
- The boiler must only be used in a domestic or light commercial environment.
- The boiler must be purchased and installed within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
- The boiler must not be moved once installed unless authorisation has been given by Worcester Bosch in writing.
- The warranty period will commence from the date of installation.
- The boiler must be serviced annually and maintained in accordance with Worcester Bosch’s user instructions.
- Any claim made under the terms and conditions must be made within the warranty period.
How to Register Your Worcester Bosch Boiler Warranty
Most installers will offer to register the warranty on your behalf, however, you can also register it yourself via the Worcester Bosch website. This must be done within 30 days of installation and the warranty period will begin from the date your boiler was installed.